All candidates can apply online by clicking on the job title you are interested in and clicking on the Apply online icon! If this is the first time you are applying, you will need to create an account with a username and password. This application can be saved and used to apply for more than one job opening. Each applicant must have their own email address to create an application.
Please consider the following when applying for a position with the City of San Benito:
- Online Applications are only accepted for current available positions.
- Resumes may be uploaded as a supplement to the online application but are not accepted in lieu of applications and/or the Work History section.
- Depending on the position for which you are applying, college transcripts, completion of a work-related exercise or examination may be required during the application process.
- Pre-employment requirements may include: a city paid physical exam by a city designated physician based upon job-related physical standards.
- All applications are reviewed, and the most qualified applicants are invited to continue the process.
- It is important that you complete the application thoroughly and enter all required fields.
- The City of San Benito is not responsible for failure of submission of applications by the closing date or incomplete applications.
Any applicant selected for employment with the City of San Benito must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing, references, and background check. Please take your time to fill out all areas of the application. Be as complete and accurate as possible.
The City of San Benito is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation or belief, sex, age or handicap.
City of San Benito participates in E-Verify.
The civil service director provides direct support to the City Civil Service Commission as mandated by local Government Code 143.012. The Civil Service Director is directly responsible for performing those duties required by the Civil Service Commission and acts as secretary to the commission. Additionally, the Civil Service Director assures that the city complies with local Government Code 143 (Municipal Civil Service) in the personnel administration of police and fire:
- Compensation practices
- Disciplinary actions
- Entry and promotional examinations
- Other statutory provisions
The Civil Service Director, in coordination with the Human Resources Department, also facilitates employees and management services within the city's two civil service departments, police and fire.
Human Resources Director
Phone: 956-361-3804, ext. 227
Human Resources Generalist
Phone: 956-361-3804, ext. 226
Human Resources / Civil Service
400 N. Travis Street
San Benito, TX 78586